Thursday 28 May 2009

Day Twenty-Seven - Little Ozarks.

Today was a lethargic start, and set off at around 9:30, after checking a couple of emails back at the bank.

I knew today was going to be tough, as the terrain was much like yesterday, roller-coaster up and downs. Other than this fact, the cycling wasn't hugely exciting. After spending more time in Illinois, I've decided it's very much like Western Kentucky. I did spend time in a state park this afternoon, which made for some very nice scenery.

I arrived in Murphysboro after 6 hours of riding, and eventually found my motel. There have been storms forcast to hit in the afternoon, which I managed to miss by about 15 minutes.

I was planning on spending two nights in Murphysboro, but I've decided I'm going to go 40 miles down the road to Chester, the hometown of Popeye, because my shower doesn't work properly, the wireless is tempremental and there isn't a heater, which I need to dry my clothes. I have the choice of staying in a Best Western, with a pool + hot tub etc. for $80 (or $71 if I can blag an AAA membership), or a cheap bog standard motel. I'll decide if I can spare the money tomorrow when I arrive.

Sorry for this post being so short, I'm really tired as I write this. I'll probably edit in some more tomorrow afternoon, but I need to get some rest for now.

No comments: