Wednesday 13 May 2009

Day Twelve - Downhill.

Today was a walk in the park as far as my days have gone on this trip, with not all that to report. I had a fairly good nights sleep for the first time in a while, but I couldn't motivate myself to get going once I was awake. I managed to get myself going at about 9:45, and to my delight the first 20 miles were predominantly downhill. I managed to get to the town of Buchanan after about 2 and a half hours, where I stopped to have some leftover pizza I'd strapped to the back of my bike (in a box of course).

I wanted to stay in Troutville this evening, but when I arrived, I realised that the nearest campsite was way back off the route, back where I came from, and I was NOT going to cycle up that big hill I rolled in on. I decided to move on to the next town about 6 miles away, which is kind of a town based upon services, it's right on an I81 intersection. I'm now in a hotel that probably should cost $59.95, if the pool and hot tub had water in them.

Tonight, I ate at a diner over the road, though I have no idea what the place was called. I had a kind of flat burger, which was all of the components of a pizza, but you eat it with a knife and fork. Genius.

I'm sorry if this post is a little brief and not very informative, today was about as uneventful as they've been. Tomorrow, I head to Christiansburg which is about 50 miles away, where my first map goes onto my second one. hurrah!

Hopefully Ill be able to update this tomorrow as Christiansburg is a big place, but really, who knows.

No comments: