Tuesday 19 May 2009

Day Eighteen - Part Rest Day.

After my marathon of a day yesterday, I was not up for going far today. I therefore decided that instead of taking a full rest day, I'd cycle for a couple of hours to the next town, and take the afternoon off.

With that in mind, I cycled the grand total of 24 miles to the town of Hazard.

I arrived here at about 12:30 or so, after looking around the first Wallmart I've come accross since being here. I have to say, they are HUGE. Bigger than any Asda I've been in. I had no need to buy anything, but still.

I booked a room at a motel, and spent pretty much all day with my feet up. I've had a bath too, and am feeling a lot better than I did this time yesterday.

Tomorrow, I'm headed for either Booneville or Berea. Berea will be a LONG ride away, and I'm basically deciding whether to take two days or one over it. I'm keen to do it in one, but if my legs are shot to pieces by Booneville, I'll stop.

I'll me you know where I end up tomorrow night, hopefully there will be internet in either place, but to be honest, it's a lottery. If I end up in Booneville, I'll try and get to a library.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hazard, eh? Seen any dukes around those parts?

Ryan Anderson said...

Hey Greg,
Read about your trip a few months back when searching facebook groups, been tracking your progress so far too.

You seem to be doing great so keep up the good work, cant wait to have my crack at it next year!

Ryan

Zac Parton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zac Parton said...

Hey Ryan,
Get in touch with me on Facebook mate. I will be doing it next year also (Prob from Newport to Astoria, then north to Vancouver, but nothing confirmed yet). Would be good to have someone to count down the days (or minutes!) before departure with, and to chat with re:training and all that.
Z.