Saturday 30 May 2009

Day Twenty-Nine - Rest Day Two.

I tried to have a lay-in as best I could this morning, but 8:30 was the best I could manage. I went for my complimentary continental breakfast, and proceeded to do very little for the best part of the day. I did walk into town for about an hour, where I picked up a set of iPod speakers for $19 from a mini-Walmart (which was about the size of a normal Sainsburys), and a Popeye sticker from the Popeye shop.

It was here that I spoke to a Trans-America cyclist called Dave, who was doing the trip on a more racing-style bike with a trailer. He wasn't staying for long in Chester, so I left him and went back to the hotel. On arrival, I saw a tandem recumbant bicycle parked out the front. I don't know who it belongs to, but it's an amazing looking thing. I wonder if they are more comfortable/ efficient, they look it.

Tonight I went back to the buffet place I went to last night, where I stocked up on some more foliage. It cost me about $4 more tonight than it did last night, I think there was a whole load of fish on offer tonight, but I didn't have any of that.

I'll hopefully be able to write up tomorrow night, I'm staying in motels until I get out of this thunder-storm complex that seems to be plaguing this area. If I had a dollar for everyone that's said to me 'I bet you've got rained on quote a bit..' I'd be rich.

1 comment:

Andy Strang said...

You've got a nice scenic ride over a big bridge then 2or maybe 3 days of Ozark hills then an absolute dream of a day from Houston onwards- 80 miles of east riding! Then one beast of a day and then easy rising for 10 days! Chin up champ!