Friday 8 May 2009

Day Seven - The Morning After.

(This post refers to the Thursdat 7th May)

I had a fairly disturbed night, yet felt pretty refreshed in the morning. The weather was awful last night, TV reports show that there was a tornado somewere at one point. Weather is/will improve as I both travel west, and time goes on. I think I might camp tomorrow night, if the weather forcast doesn't predict storms.

After a breakfast of eggs, burgers and biscuits (muffin type things), I managed to get away at about 9:30. I set off to go to Mechanicsville, where I planned to stay in Richmond. However, I decided that the 8 mile detour wasn't worth it, and so I stuck to my route for about 15 miles or so, ending up in Ashland. My day today was spent going around the edge of Richmond, Which was a bit annoying because I was heading North for a fair amount of time. I arrived here at about 3:45pm, and booked a room in a very cheap ($45) motel, more storms are forcast for tonight. I phoned home, had a shower and went out in search of food. I decided upon a pizzaria, and managed 2/3 of a pizza, the last 1/3 will do for breakfast.

As I write this, my legs feel as though they've done some excersise, but not completely exhausted. I'm hoping to set off earlyish tomorrow, even though I'm not going very far. Charlottesville is about 100 miles away, which is too far for one day (at the moment anyway, my backside can't take that kind of distance quite yet), resulting in two shorter days. Oh well, at least progress is being made, and if I keep on feeling how I do now, I shouldn't need a rest day for a little while yet.

No comments: