Tuesday 5 May 2009

Day Four - A Slight Revelation.

I spent today in a fairly similar way to how I spent yesterday - waiting to hear about my bike. I woke up at around 6:30ish, so apparently I'm not quite over the jetlag yet. I walked about a mile up the road to a diner which I found on Yelp - a really useful iPhone app. I ordered a cheese and bacon omlette (with the obligatory fries), which filled me up for pretty much the whole day.

I came. back to the room for a bit, and spoke to the parents. I had been having trouble contacting Atlanta airport + Delta to try and track down my bike (my room phone likes to call random people instead), and it's proved easier having them do it for me. The upshot of that was that the bike was checked in at Heathrow, but not at Atlanta, so it's suspected that it's been stolen by the baggage handlers. You can read more of that in a comment below. It looks like i'm going to be setting off on friday at the latest, be it on my lost bike, or my new bike that I will have bought.

So after all this, I went for a walk for a couple of hours, during which I saw a tortoise about to get itself run over so I turned him
round. :)

Not a lot else happened today to be honest. I went to a place called Bojangles to eat tonight, where I had a chicken burger and some very tasty chips (again), I can only compare them to the spicy ones you get in Nandos. I also got the most ridiculously large cup. it's MASSIVE.

Anyway, I'm getting tired, and I'll no doubt have another hard day tomorrow. Speak to you all soon!

P.S. - I feel I should add that I'm using my iPhone to write these, and it tends to decide on random words / spellings to throw in every so often.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

G Reg, hope you get moving soon or all this junk food is going to supersize you.

Good luck with the bike hunt.

Sparky

Zac Parton said...

Hey Greg,
I'm completely gutted for you dude. Just when you're so excited to get going, and everything is ready, your bike is gone. I hate baggage handlers with a passion. I suppose it's a blessing that your insurance is coming to the party so quickly, and that you'll be able to get yourself some new wheels. While not ideal, it could be a lot worse.
Here's hoping the pricks that took your bike ride it face-first into a moving bus.
Fingers crossed for ya, dude.