Saturday 6 June 2009

Day Thirty-Six - Rest Day Three.

Today was to be the third rest day of my trip. I got up fairly early this morning, partly because I'd had a restless nights sleep, partly because I wanted to get into the routine of getting up early, and partly because they only offer breakfast between 6-9 here.

I woke up with a headahe this morning, which made me feel uninclined to do very much. At 12 or so, I went out on my courtesy bike in search of the other bike shop in Pittsburg. I found it, but it looked pretty shut up, and when I went to open the door, a dog
came bounding out and up at the door. I decided that this shop wasn't going to stock buffs, and so I left. I then cycled down to the shopping 'mall', again with no luck. It was about 1:25 at this point, and I happened to walk past a cinema, and 'The Hangover' was showing at 1:30. In a moment of spontinaity, I thought 'why not?', and paid my $5. Good film, I recommend you see it whenever it comes out in the UK.

After that, I went back to the bike shop to wait for over an hour while my bike was being finished. I then realised after waiting that I didn't have my credit card, and had to go back to my hotel get it. I eventually got my bike back, and went back to the hotel for a bit. By the way, the chain I now have cost $56. I should check to see if it's gold plated, because that seems extortionate..

I ate tonight at Applebees, a restaurant I'd seen advertised loads but never been to. It was very good, and I'll definitely be going back. I still havn't been to taco bell yet, I should eat there at some point in case I'm missing out on something amazing.

Not sure where I'm going tomorrow, I havn't do much as looked at my map. The guy in the bike shop spoke of a town about 55 miles away, which sounds perfect.

No comments: