Monday 15 June 2009

Day Forty-Five - Colorado.

As has been the story of much of the last week, today has been a day like any other on the flats.

I very much enjoyed my lie-in this morning until what felt like 7:30, even though it was 6:30. However, it meant that I set out an hour later than I would have usually, which may have had something to do with how the wind had picked up. This put me in a bad mood and I made
relatively slow progress to a place called Seridan Lake. I'd looked forward to stopping for a drink here, but apparently they're shut on Sunday. I stopped for a bit outside anyway, before continuing on.

I met two cyclists going in the opposite direction who looked very keen. They were doing my route in reverse, and were glad to tell me about how hard the Rockies are. I've decided that eastbound cyclists have conspired to say such things to westbounders, and I feel I should do the same if they ask about the Appalacians or Ozarks. I looked at my maps this evening, and to be honest, the Appalacians look worse on paper. Perhaps it's because the mountains are on such a large scale, but they don't look as steep or as tiring. I think they are just sour because it's their first mountain range and they are relatively new in starting out. Famous last words...

I've had a truly awful day as far as foods concerned, because it seems petrol stations are the only places open around here on a sunday. I've therefore eaten a wide range of microwaved food. Perhaps tomrrow I'll be able to get some REAL fast food. haha

Tomorrow I have a choice of places to stay, and where that is depends on the weather, and to whether I camp or not. Today was the eigth day of severe weather warnings in Colorado, but apparently it's getting better. I can only hope..

No comments: