Wednesday 17 June 2009

Day Forty-Seven - End of an Era.

So, I find myself writing this in Pueblo, where I now head west to San Francisco, rather than going up North to Oregon. It's a fairly big milestone for me, I definitely feel like i'm on the home straight (a long one mind you).

I didn't set my alarm this morning, mostly because I knew I wasn't going far today. I went for breakfast at the local restaurant that was now open (I forgot to mention that I had trouble finding somewhere to eat last night, what restaurant is only open 6-2?!) I headed back up to the 96, and went up the 36 or so miles to Pueblo. The Rockies are now firmly in sight, a couple of mountains of which have snow peaks.

I arrived in town at about 11:30, but it wasn't until about 2:30 until I got into a room. I've decided that cycling here is a NIGHTMARE, the roads are uneven and cars aren't too cycle-friendly. Since then, I spoke to home, and went back out in search of bank that doesn't charge you $2.50 to get at your money.

I'm having a rest day tomorrow, where I am going to the ski, hike and bike (or something like that) shop to hopefullly finally buy a buff once and for all. That, and I'm going to take advantage of the laundry room here, I'm surprised my socks havnt walked off on their own yet!

No comments: