Friday 26 June 2009

Day Fifty-Six - Preparation.

Today was a part rest day, having only furthered myself 20 miles.

Last night was uncomfortable at best, and my optimism of last night was... optimistic. It didn't matter too much though, because I wasn't going far. I packed up, went to the restaurant next door for an omlette, and was on the road by 8:30. To be honest, the riding was mostly uneventful, but I could definitely tell I was moving into desert, with the ground gradually turning into red dust.

I arrived in Blanding at about 10:30, and realised that I didn't really have anywhere to go. At 11 I went down to the Super8, where they luckily had a room available for me. After getting in, I chatted to home for a bit, went out to eat and bu stuff for tomorrow / the next day, and currently my laundry is tumble drying.

Tomorrow I am heading out into the desert overnight, and am camping at a place called Hite Recreation Park. There is a campsite and grocery there, so It's not as if there will be NOTHING. The following day I'll be heading to a place called Hanksville. I've found with Utah that in a similar way to Kansas, you are fairly dictated to how far you go each day by how the towns are laid out, so some days will be longer than others.

No comments: