Thursday 2 July 2009

Day Sixty-Two - Cedar Breaks.

Today was another slow start, but the thought of having a rest day tomorrow was motivation enough. I was on the road again by 8:30, and was straight onto the uphill I had to overcome today.

The climb today has only one word to describe it. Long. It was 36 miles of continual uphill through terrain that reminded me quite a lot of that in Missiouri, very green, with pine trees on either side. There wasn't a huge amount going on either side of the road to be honest, and the only thing worth commenting on was how it got quite a lot cooler by the time I had reached the top. It was also increasingly overcast, with ominous looking black clouds coming overhead.

It took exactly four hours to get to the top, but the downhill into cedar city of about 25 miles took about half an hour/ 45 minutes. On arrival, I found a motel that had everything I needed for $36 per night. Bargain. It's perfectly adequate inside too, so I'm happy

Sorry for the briefness of this post, I was just about asleep before remembering I hadn't done one, and I wanted to make sure I got the main stuff down. If I remember anything else I'll put it on tomorrow.

No comments: